Monday, May 24, 2010

Home for three weeks

How exactly do you find a comfortable, safe, clean new home, albeit temporary, when your choosing from grainy images half-way across the world?



Luckily I have a system. And perservance. And high standards.



The mission: To find a hostel to reside in upon touching down in London. Somewhere to stay for a minimum of weeks, maximum of months. A cosy nest that I can return to after pounding the streets of London and weathering the storm of rejection. Somewhere with windows. And white sheets. And not necessarily filled with other travellers whose own homelessness has left them in a state of , shell we say, neglect?



Fortunately for me, I have found such a place. Well, I suppose that actually remains to be seen since I have yet to be there. But my system of googling, visiting webpages and then cross-checking against TripAdvisor reviews has lead me to London's Best Budget Hotel (literally, awarded in 2008), Palmer's Lodge.


It has everything. Shiny timber bunks, clean linen, free breakfast, free internet, cosy lounges with fires, and a beautiful Victorian facade, in a nice village to boot.

Sure, it's not home. But I can pretend for awhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment