Saturday, August 28, 2010

Welcome to London

Something highly frightening happened to me last night. I was mid KFC gorging when I realised the emergency exit sign read, 'In an emergency dial 999'.
It dawned on me then that up until that point I had had no idea what Britain's emergency number was. Surely the most basic thing you should know about a country is what number you should dial in dire circumstances. And then I realised, I'd been spending so much time wrapped up in my own mini dramas that I wasn't really noticing London. All my blogs have been about me, me, me and I have yet to even introduce London to y'all, despite the fact that London features more prominently in this blog title then Kelly does.

So, London this is everybody, and everybody this is London....

This is Speaker's Corner at Hyde Park, just off Oxford Street. The idea is that anybody can come here and say whatever they like (embracing free speech).







And this is Hyde Park, pretty much my favorite place to go in the city because it's so big and green!







Second to Hyde Park would be Regent's Park which has an amazing outdoor theatre that I must visit one day...



This is Portobello Road...





This is the amazing red velvet cupcake I got from Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road....






And these are the houses on Portobello Road...



This is my favorite street- Great Portland Street- off Oxford Street. On the left is my tailors. One the right is Toni and Guy.





And if you face this way, Urban Outfitters is on the left corner and Topshop and Miss Selfridges is on the right corner.




After I'm done drooling over clothes, spending money or going for an interview, this is where I have my toasted avocado and turkey sandwich and coffee. They have free papers and the most delicious looking pastries.




This is the Globe theatre where Shakespeare used to put on his plays. (Actually it's a replica.) We had the cheap seats. Obviously.



This is the pub in Swiss Cottage. The food is as good as my mums.





This is Swiss Cottage





Stay tuned...






































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment