Thursday, August 19, 2010

What do you want to do now?

One of the many things I love about London is it's infinite possibilites. It's impossible to ride the tube, read a paper or cross a street corner without being presented with various sights, activities, life-style changes and eatery options. Hire a Barclay's bike for an hour? Could do. Catch a show at the Globe Theatre for five pounds? Absolutely. Yoga classes, cooking classes, weekends in Ireland, visit the Science Museum for free, admire a new art exhibition at the Tate, read a book in Hyde Park, go vintage shopping on Portobello Road, have a pint in a pub, go for a run over Tower Bridge, scream at Angelina Jolie from the sidelines of a movie premier...

I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and there is a pivotal scene near the beginning of the book where she realises, now divorced and therefore independant, that she can do whatever she wants. She actually asks herself, "What do you want to do?" She decides she wants to take up yoga, eat Italian food in Italy, meditate in India, buy some pencils. Cook.

This kind of resonated with me, because as I'm currently starting from scratch in this new city, I'm constantly thinking about what I want to do once I'm on my feet. Good motivational tool.
Here goes.

1. I want to go to the theatre. Regularly.
2. I want to take Yoga again.
3. I want a new hair colour.
4. I want to take long walks in all the parks.
5. I want to join a library and read lots of new things. I want to join a book club.
6. I want to cook everyday.
7. I want to eat yoghurt, fruit and honey for dessert like I did in Greece.
8. I want a bedroom with a big window, and a desk, with lots of perfume bottles and books and magazines and fresh flowers and clean linen.
9. I want to visit Scotland and Ireland and the Netherlands.
10. I want brand new clothes, shoes, accesories and underwear.

And maybe, just maybe, after reading this blog

www.guardian.co.uk/environment/series/bike-blog

I might want to buy a bike. If for nothing else than for the blogging material.

What do you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment