Monday, December 5, 2011

Edinburgh


If there is anything I miss about New Zealand it's my best friends and wide open spaces.

This is Georgie and I at Loch Ness, after about six hours of driving through Scotlands's Highlands. Our tour guide was the bus driver and apparantely an unofficial radio DJ as he commentated the very minuate of our driving experience through the countryside, laughed at his own jokes and played Scottish music for the whole 12 hour tour. No silences allowed.

This is before Georgie and I took off on an unbeaten path around the lake (can you tell we're New Zealanders?) in search of Nessie.

If we look tired it's because we went to bed at 2am to rise two hours later for our flight. Luckily the beautiful weather had the endorphins kicking.

1 comment:

  1. I think you were on the same trip as my friend - they got Scottish folk music the whole way too!

    ReplyDelete